Friday, August 17, 2007

Take a Dip ○ ○ ○

Yesterday, Keira and I went to the pool for a couple of hours mid-day. I wanted to go before it's too late--Baby should be coming in the next 2 weeks, and I heard it was supposed to rain around here this weekend.

So, we packed up our swim bag and some fresh-cut cantaloupe and swam and swam and swam. I did my kicking laps, holding onto Keira's floatie, and some flips, and I think the Baby liked it, because I kept wanting to 'em, backwards, and forwards, like a roller coaster ride for him! Keira pointed at planes in the sky as she'd hear them--a hobby she picked up from Grandpa Vern this summer.

We ate our cantaloupe in the shade and enjoyed. Zuka Juice used to serve up Cantaloupe Crave, a seasonal favorite of mine in my college days. Ryan says that when he and his 14 brothers and sisters were kids, their dad used to serve them cantaloupe ice cream bowls for dinner--I wish I could have had those kinds of dinners...You can do so much with cantaloupe, it's just a wonder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails