Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Catch-Up Post #1

I've been having so much fun with my new Nikon camera and Instagram lately, I'm having to play catch-up a bit on here...

Family Vaycay
In March we took a roadtrip to Mesa, AZ and then on to Henderson, NV...
In Mesa, it was so warm at 9am that all the cousins took
a dip in the hot tub and the pool
We attended the French-inspired wedding reception for our niece in Mesa...
Liz's Reception II

Ryan's sister, Erin, made and shipped this
beautiful wedding cake from Tennessee
After Mesa, about 25 of us caravanned up to Henderson for the double funeral of Ryan's father's older brother and his son, who both passed away due to health problems within a week of each other. 
Ryan's mother, Geneva, gave a beautiful eulogy...she's got some kind of photographic memory or something because she recited dates from both men's lives from memory which amazed me. If that's a motherhood trait, then I need a gazillion more kids to develop it.

 
After the funeral, we spent some time on the strip. Circus Circus wore me out lugging this little man around.


Ryan's sister, Carrie, and I

Family shot at the Mirage. That little homeless girl is ours!...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails