Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Finished!

I started my second ever quilt in October to cover a guest bed before my sis and mom were to show in Nov.  I hadn't finished it by the time they arrived.  While I worked on it, my little sister showed interest in it.  I had told her that I would make her a bedspread down the road once I got a little more quilt practice in, and this was my first time machine quilting, so it was going to have a lot of mistakes, but she said that this one was it!  She insisted that she loved the fabrics I was using, so I obliged.  I sent it off in a large flat rate USPS box the other day...

Random Quilt

Random Quilt

Random Quilt
Laurie Wisbrun Tufted Tweets fabrics - love!

Random Quilt

Random Quilt
For the machine quilting, I tried to use up an assortment of Guttermann colored thread
that I had on hand, including beige, navy, gray, and white...all on one quilt (is that a faux pas?)

Random Quilt

Random Quilt
I like that you can't see the messy quilting on this one
Random Quilt
red is a Kaffe Fassett that I really like

Random Quilt

Random Quilt

Random Quilt
thanks to a blog reader who traded some of this Thimbleberries 3's Company with me

Random Quilt

Random Quilt

Random Quilt
Echino scrap on the left, Alexander Henry on the right




Random Quilt
Anthology fabrics
Random Quilt
a reproduction, Regency III by Judie Rothermel - an all-time favorite fabric

Random Quilt

Random Quilt

Random Quilt
the dotted embossed fabric is made by Diamond Textiles, would like to use some of this in black

Random Quilt

Random Quilt
Timber fabrics

Random Quilt
I did my best at machine quilting (ok, I got lazy after a few hours!), but the fact that
some of the shapes look more like private parts than puzzle pieces did keep me entertained!

Random Quilt

Random Quilt
I really like this Timber fabric

Random Quilt
back, using a linen blend tablecloth I got at a yard sale (paisley) and lavender Wally fabric

Random Quilt


all folded and ready to ship to Hawaii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails