Sunday, April 3, 2011
Crafter's Apprentice generously handed out a few blog awards to her blog buddies, and I was one of 'em. Thanks, Wendy!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award 6 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award.
Seven things about me:
1. I served an LDS mission in Geneva, Switzerland for 18 months when I was 21. I learned a little bit about hard work, miracles, walking in the snow all day, hospitality (from other people), and made lots of friends sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with them. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but raising kids is creeping right up on the list! Oh, and I gained a few pounds on Swiss chocolate and cheese.
2. When I was 14, I started making my own handmade cards. I used to write to friends in California as well as my dad's parents in Rexburg, Idaho (which helped form a beautiful relationship!) I used to love making funky envelopes out of Vogue magazine pages too. I think that my love for fabric and sewing started with paper.
3. My senior year in college at BYU, I worked as a lab tech doing DNA research for my Botany Professor. It was honestly the best job I ever had. I worked alone most days, piping DNA of different plants into gels, listening to Texas and the Corrs. My name was even included in a publishing! I miss those days sometimes.
4. I like Asian food more than any other type of food. I don't like Chinese buffets.
5. I used to be a tomboy when I was a pre-teen. I played girls basketball, co-ed soccer, co-ed softball, co-ed flag football, and was captain of each those teams one year. I didn't find out till later that the reason why I could never run half a mile without panting was due to asthma, but I held up pretty good.
6. In high school, I got a scuba diving license and discovered a new world. I haven't been diving since I left Hawaii after high school.
7. I love reggae music. In 7th grade, I started listening faithfully to Alpha Blondy, Peter Tosh, ASWAD, and UB40. It's hard to not hear reggae music when you grow up in Hawaii.
I award Stylish Blog Awards to the following creative peeps:
1. Knitted by Olivia - knits and sews
2. WeePereas - quilts and sews baby booties and blankets, check out her shop
3. Deep Thoughts By Cynthia / Meringue Designs - amazing pillow covers & modern embroidery
4. Drago[knit]fly - sews and quilts
5. Hendrixville - quilts
6. Quilty Habit - quilts
I'll contact them to let them know, but you should check them out.
Posted by Nancey at Sunday, April 03, 2011