Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Projects


I got a baby stuff order from a friend in Cali for a car seat canopy and nursing cover the other day.  She wants neutral colors for the canopy so that her friend can use it with baby boys or girls.  I thought I'd have to buy some new fabric, but did some digging and thinking, and found these.  This stripe of patchwork will go down the front of the car seat canopy with beige/brown fabric on either side. 

Here's a vinyl bag I finally finished after weeks of working at it here and there.  I had never worked with vinyl before.  Anyway, my neighbor had said that if I finished the bag by the end of the year, that would be fine.  I gave it to them on New Year's Eve...no charge, sorry it took so long, thanks for waiting. Needless to say, the bag actually turned out nicely. 


Once the bag was finished, I was able to get to those projects that had been waiting.  One was Keira's quilt, which I'll post on later.  I knew that this "creative freedom" was right around the corner when I was finishing the bag, and it felt so good!  Here are some sneak peeks at Keira's quilt:


I decided to add some designer fabric scrap packs for $5 to the shop last week.  They went like hotcakes,  I think there's only one left.  They were fun to put together, and I think I'm gonna make more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails