Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Free to Roam

It's 9:30pm and I just finished work. Ryan's been yelling at the Lakers and Nuggets all night, my mom's been kindly slaving away at dinner and I'm not yet ready to face the mess in the living room, so here I am.

It has been a lovely and dreamy 2.5 weeks with Baby Kalei. Let's see, she was born on April 30th at 3:41am, so that makes her almost 3 weeks old. She's already showing signs of "Earthliness" and losing (though not really) her "Heaven Lustre." I tell people who complain about the same thing that that's why we keep having babies.
She sleeps most of the day, and at first was up a lot during the night. She had some kind of allergy-sniffly thing that made it hard to breathe. We tried to remedy it with a humidifier, but it seems to be going away without the humidifier, so, hopefully...
There's something about a new baby in your home that (especially this time for me) seems to pacify all my worries and complaints. I'm sure my husband and mom--somebody's--noticed, but maybe we don't want to jinx it away by talking about it. I just love it. It's during times like these that somebody secretly whispers in her prayers that she'd have a thousand more if she could.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Nance! She's beautiful! I loved this post. It makes me SO want to have another baby. They are just so precious at this stage, and it goes by Way too fast! We need to have you over! After the wedding maybe?? Love you and so glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is SO precious!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!! Yeah it SO makes me baby hungry!!!!! (ignore it Brianna, just push away that feeling....) lol! no really they are a piece of heaven!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she's beautiful! Congratulations.

    What are you trying to do to me!? I'm not ready for #2 yet...and then I read this post and...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A thousand more, really? You are divine:) Keep embracing, you do it so gracefully. Love you and miss you. Can't wait to reunite with our angels someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so Beautiful!!! I am so happy for you guys! I do miss have a baby around. They do bring something with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! You are truly a super mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's gorgeous! We are so happy for you - congrats. There really is a sense of newness when a baby comes home. Kiss everyone for me! (but Ryan:( hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nancey! How are you? I don't know if you ever have time to look at my blog - but I stalk yours ;) I thought I'd let you know that I've gone private and if you'd like an invite email me at mariebelliston at hotmail dot com and tell me what email address you want me to send the invite to. Thanks! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a tiny, sweet, little thing...just like her momma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I didn't know you had a baby! Congrats! She's a cutie. I hope all is well for you!

    And thanks for the sweet comment on MADE. I would love to write a book one day....one day :)....when kids aren't running around the house. Of course then I'm not sure I'll want to sew kids clothes anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails