Monday, April 20, 2009

Old Mother Hubbard

After 6 months, Ryan and I finally finished refinishing our cupboards! Ryan's idea, his 2-3 coat method, and my expert hardware-applying skills, and they're finally done. The hardware is from Target. We got the oil-rubbed bronze round knobs for 10 for $15; the handles were 10 for $18...a good steal if you've ever gone knob shopping! The finish is Old Masters Thick N Ezy Gel Stain, Dark Walnut color ($12 for one pint can, and we used 1 and a half cans).

Halfway done, sometime around Christmas (below). This photo was taken before our friends, Matt and Kate, gave us the nicest Christmas gift and painted the bottom cupboards for us while we were out of town (an impossible feat for us with the kids always going in and out of the bottom cupboards). Thanks, Matt and Kate!...

After (today)-don't THINK my kitchen always looks like this:
A proud Mr. Johnson:
Now, on to the bathroom cupboards, but not before I get rid of this big belly. The good doctor said I'm at 3cms today, normal for a mom of 2.5 like me at 37 weeks. He also said her head is down...phew! Now I can sleep at night...yeah right. I can't believe it...37 weeks flies.

2 comments:

  1. It looks AWESOME! Totally different! And I can't believe you are about to have #3! We NEED to see you guys soon! I hope your delivery goes awesome and that you will be nice and relaxed in the hospital! Loves~

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really do look great! Good luck, less than 3 weeks, you can do it. By the way. I loved your juicy shirt today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails