Friday, January 25, 2013

Chambray Bag for a Friend

Chambray Bag

So, I have a dear friend, Miriam, whom I met at BYU Provo 10+ years ago who sent me one of my favorite Christmas gifts and cards last month.  It was one of those gifts that takes you by surprise and melts your heart.  I just had to make her something--not as payback--just as a token of my appreciation. 

Chambray Bag

It was Miriam who put me in touch with her friend Dana from MADE years ago when she was selling custom made car seat covers.  Dana gave me pointers on one I was making for my sister in law, and I started following her blog, which inspired me with countless projects.

Chambray Bag

I ordered the chambray fabric from a vintage fabric ebay shop. It's home dec weight, thicker than the chambray meant for clothing...perfect for a bag. I lined it with a cotton lawn.

Chambray Bag
 
Chambray Bag

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails