Friday, August 15, 2008

Simplicity 3835


Simplicity 3835
Originally uploaded by
nanceykl

Want to show off my first handmade dress (Yes!). Made of some Ikea fabric and elastic. That's it. I wore it to church last week.

When Ryan saw it completed on the hanger, he called it my pilgrim polygamist dress. Then I put it on, and he said it was nice...he doesn't know that polygamist fashion is in right now.



If I could make changes next time, I would widen the sleeves. I cut it to a size 6, but next time I would cut the sleeves to 8. Also, I would put more room in the chest. It turned out a little too tight, and knowing I not well-endowed, I would recommend adding a half inch on each side if you're thinking of sewing one.

I found this Built By Wendy pattern in the Simplicity Patterns Flickr group and bought the pattern for $1.99 at JoAnn's. You can make a top, tunic, or dress. I used the pattern for the top to make the neckline, and the dress pattern for the bottom, adding some length since we are polygamists.

3 comments:

  1. WOW Nancey! You are soo talented, with many great gifts:) love ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress! It looks fantastic and I thought the pictures were from the pattern website with a professional model; you're gorgeous! :) I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails